November 24, 2012

Appa & Momo Costumes


I'm not trying to make a tradition of dressing like Anime characters, I swear. Ivy just happens to love anime, and right now she loves Avatar: The Last Airbender (I'm not gonna lie. I think it's pretty cool too--the cartoon, not the movie). So, I made Appa and Momo costumes for Ivy and Maren.



I've never sewn clothes, so I wasn't sure if I could do it. I certainly didn't do it perfectly, but the costumes worked out well enough, I think.


I used these pictures to make the costumes as accurate as I could. For those who haven't seen the show, Appa is supposed to be a flying bison. Momo is a flying lemur.

Source
We really should have gotten better pictures, but we were too interested in candy.

5 comments:

  1. I never saw the Appa costume, but it looks really good! I love the picture of Maren that looks like she's about to take flight. You did an awesome job on the costumes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie. Maren looked like she was about to take flight the whole time trick-or-treating because she wouldn't put her arms down.

      Delete
  2. you are the coolest mom ever!!! these are beyond adorable on your girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you have a pattern for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I just tried to copy the character pictures on this post. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...