April 11, 2012

Juvenile Joy: A Truly Glorious Prank

The moment I laid eyes on his head of black, curly hair, I knew it was meant to be. I had waited a long time to get my hands on hair like that.

I watched excitedly from a few hydraulic chairs away as he got his long 'fro trimmed by a fellow student at my hair school. As soon as he walked away from the chair, I was on the scene, gathering his precious locks off the floor. I didn't mind the confused glances. My heart was set.

When I made it back to my apartment, I was triumphant. "I did it! Look what I've got." My roommates examined the bag of goods. Marci was particularly pleased. We lived for opportunities like this. In preparation for our plan, we made a few snips to make the hair just the right length. The wiry little curls nearly deceived even our eyes. We were ready for action.

We snuck quietly into the neighbor's apartment. Luckily, these guys hadn't locked their door. Giggling like the schoolgirls we were, we headed to the bathroom. Toilet seat. Sprinkle. Razors. Place. Tweezers. Frost. Soap. Mash. Floor. Scatter. All of it was dusted in inch-long curly black hairs, successfully pubed. We stood back to admire (gag) at our work, then ran.

We waited anxiously for a reaction when we saw the neighbor guys again. But to our surprise, it never came. So we decided on the only reasonable solution we could think of--do it again. We headed back to the bathroom in a few days. (Why is it these guys never locked their door?) We thought maybe we were too subtle on the first pubing. This time, we exercised no restraint. The hair rained down upon the bathroom. No surface was spared.

When we saw the neighbors again, we could hardly hold back our grins. Surely they'd have to realize it was us this time, right? No. So we had to help them out.
"I, uh, used your bathroom the other day. Pretty gross, don't you think?"
The neighbor we affectionately called Curd went a little red and dropped his voice low. "Ugh, sorry. One of my roommates is SO disgusting. I'm not sure which one yet, but he's done it twice!"

By this time, our chests were about to burst with restrained laughter. We let him throw out a few accusations about who might have been so bold with his shave, all while adamantly supporting his argument. But then one of Curd's roommates, who was more aware of our devious ways, put two and two together, and the finger-pointing turned on us. Suddenly, we were the disgusting ones. In the blink of an eye, perceptions changed. Trust was lost. They wondered how girls could even come up with an idea like that. Never again did they underestimate us.

The great pubing incident will never be forgotten.

10 comments:

  1. I liked the build-up to finally discover why you were so excited about somebody's cut hair :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me laugh out loud >> lol. Really funny story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm yes, for how many pranks we pulled that year I have to say this was one of my favorites. The reason being is that it didn't look like a prank at all. Pure brilliance on our part. :) Well told my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I got pubed for reals a couple weeks ago...and it was not a prank...not cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got pubed once too when I lived with my aunt and uncle's family. Well, just my razor, but it wasn't pretty. No one ever confessed, but I'm 90% sure I know who did it. Karma for us, eh?

      Delete
  5. This really made me laugh; I'd had a long day and this was the perfect way to finish it off with a few chuckles. I never was big into pranking, but when I did I made it count--I had never thought of this though!

    Marci, just read your comment above--That is pretty nasty if they truly were pubes! Might be time for a roommate intervention?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pranks because they allow others to experience non reality.
    Thanks for your understanding response to my non-following thing.
    Like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bahaha, this was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hilarious! And the build-up was great.

    Here through the A to Z Challenge. :)

    Jessica
    A to Z Blogger & SF/Fantasy Writer @ Visions of Other Worlds

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...