March 23, 2012

Odds & Ends

First off, The Hunger Games tonight! I don't usually love book to movie adaptations as much as I hope to, but I can't help but be excited for this one. Jared just barely finished the book today in time for the movie, which reminds me: Jared's brother, Daren, once texted him recommending The Hunger Games. Jared's response: "A diet book? I'm offended!" (Jared had already heard of the book, but poor Daren didn't know and thought he really offended him.) Wouldn't that be a great/terrible name for a diet book though?

People who are super fans of the books do cool things, like put together hypothetical maps of Panem. I can't say I'm that obsessed, but I admire their passion.

Cool map found here 
 

The kids get to go to Grandma's tonight. Ivy looooves to go, but Maren? not so much. Her grandma Vie watched her for an hour when I got my hair cut last week and she cried the whole time. This is our first date in 5 months though, so it's necessary, don't you think?


My sister-in-law, Heather, moved to St. George from Phoenix last year. She sent this beautiful picture recently of her back yard. Seriously, her back yard! As in, she sees this whenever she looks out the window. I've been there and her house is amazing. If only she still blogged so everyone could see it (hint, hint, Heather).

I dyed my hair nearly black yesterday. It looks pretty dramatic and too bold right now, but I had to go that dark in order to get the color I really wanted since my hair always tends to fade back to my natural color, no matter what. I posted a picture of it on Facebook, but the truth is, I'm not too keen on looking at it again, so I'll wait for it to fade more before I post one here.

On a more serious note, I found out from Jen's blog that my great aunt Norma died this morning. She was my Grandpa Ricks' sister and she was as sweet as they come. I'm thinking of her and her family today. I hope they can get through this time without too much sadness. I love you, Brackens!

I hope you all have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...