February 22, 2012

A Few of My Oil Paintings

First of all, I'm no great artist, so don't judge me too harshly, but here are a few paintings I've done.






When I want something for my home, I always just figure I can do it myself. If I wanted truly great art (and if it weren't so darn expensive), I'd just buy it. But, as it is, I make do with the abilities and money I have. I did all of these paintings before I had kids, so it's been a long time since I've done anything new.


I started this last painting right before Ivy was born. I've only worked on it once since. I really want to finish it, but I'm convinced the only way is if I get a babysitter for a couple days. Unlike the subjects of the other paintings, which don't have any special meaning to me, this one will (if I finish it). It's a place in Recife, Brazil, where Jared served his LDS mission. We really hope to go there together one day, so maybe this painting could be a reminder of that goal.

Here's an inspiration photograph of Rua da Aurora
Do you think I'll ever finish it?

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Lisa! I've just about given up on making art (other than for work) while I have young kids. I'm concentrating on just doing art with them and I find it ends up filling some of that creative itch for me. Who knew finger painting could be inspiring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paintings are so great!! You are amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...