August 5, 2009

Painted Dresser Knobs

Although I'm an artist, I don't give myself much time to create. I love to paint, usually on canvas, but lately my artistic talents have been devoted only to cutting and coloring hair. But I did manage to do this right before Ivy was born.
My grandmother used this dresser for her children way back in the 1950s. I gave it a few new coats of white paint, removed the old clunky metal pulls, and drilled new holes. I painted damask patterns on wooden knobs, glossed them up, and this is the result. The only problem is that this is the only place I have to put all Ivy's clothes; it's not so pretty inside.

3 comments:

  1. So awesome, Lisa. I love how this looks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that green with white. If I didn't have kids, I'd have an all-shades-of-white room with splashes of grass green. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! Reminds me of when you used to paint everyone's toenails with animal patterns!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...